Skip to content

Leancamp - Session Ideas

Entrepreneurs, designers, managers, developers, innovators – how can they help you? Leancamp is all about learning from people from other disciplines and different perspectives. It’s a rare opportunity to raise your current challenges and ideas, so that others can help you through them and contribute their knowledge.

Please comment and discuss. Use votes to register interest so the session host can understand if the topic is interesting to people. (Votes do not get used to choose the session – we’ll do that together at 10am.)

To help get the discussions going and give you an idea of what topics people might be interested in, please engage in the conversation – be open with your challenges and constructive with your suggestions

Want to make the most of this? There is some guidance, tips and tricks to get you started at http://leanca.mp/getting-started.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

239 results found

1. How to define Early adopters and the Value proposition of your Start-Up the Lean Way. A simple Tool.

This workshop will teach how to use a visual tool to define in minuts your early adopters and the value proposition of your Start-Up.

The tool helps entrepreneurs to quickly come up with Value propositions focused on early adopters. This tool aslo helps teams to unleash their creativity and come up with great number of product ideas and features in minuts.

17 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Leanconf 1  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. In the founders' studio with Joel Gascoigne, founder of Buffer

Joel founded Buffer (http://bufferapp.com) and used Lean Startup to take it from idea to first paying customer in 7 weeks ! And that was part-time bootstrapping!

Joel will be in Hong Kong, but has agreed to Skype in for a session. We'll do the In The Founders' Studio interview format, so everyone can take the role of the interviewer and dig into topics useful to them.

17 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Barcelona 1  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Business Model Canvas & the lean canvas. Let's share experiences & what works for you?

I'd like to share experiences around using the business model canvas both the Business Model Innovation & the Lean Canvas as a working tool for brainstorming, exploring and validating different business models, ideas & products. We can share techniques & experiences with the canvases?
    @marylcronin

17 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Dublin 1  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Propagation of Innovation

Borrowing from the thinking of OpenIDEO, Seth Godin's Linchpin, Clay Shirky's Cognitive Surplus, and building on an emerging topic in the advertising industry (google "Propagation Planning"):

How might we propagate innovative thinking and collective contribution to emerging ideas and design challenges? How to initiate and lead these communities? How to engage stakeholders? How to resource the community?

17 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  London 2  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Fishbowl - How To Facilitate "Five Whys"

Let's trade notes on facilitating Five Whys. It's a really useful faciliatation method for root cause analysis in groups, which features in The Lean Startup and Gamestorming.

I've been using it for a while, but still get stuck on things like articulating a question well, or choosing which answers to dig into.

It would be great for novices and experienced facilitators to share challenges and tips.

I need at least one other person experienced with Five Whys to make this happen. Any volunteers?

16 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Barcelona 1  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. The Business Model Canvas as an Effectuation tool

They say that startups don't starve - instead we drown with too many options. Yet Effectuation gives us evidence that successful entrepreneurs tend to manage multiple goals and seek new collaborations. I've used the canvas in a unique way to make more explicit goal selection and partnership decisions, and used these techniques in accelerators where the number of options are heavily multiplied.

16 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Rotterdam 1  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Raising Funds - What are my options?

I will look at funding options for entrepreneurs, from bootstrapping, to angel funding, to crowd sourcing to VC funding to grant funding and share our personal experience of these options @raomal

16 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Dublin 1  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Qualitative UX research as Customer Development - How to get to the WHY

We all understand we have to get out of the building. But how, exactly, do you do that? I think here we can learn for the UX field. I'm a UX researcher myself and would like to do a hand-on workshop on how to get from metrics to answering the WHY-question. We'll be using my own Situational Thinking model to learn how to understand the world behind the numbers; the world of the users. Let me know what you think! @Samantha_Hosea

15 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Rotterdam 1  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. ¿Juntando Design thinking, Agile y Lean?

La relación entre Agile y Lean está muy clara, pero Design Thinking... Parece interesante, pero ¿de qué os sirve? ¿Qué puede aportar a vuestros procesos? Os contamos nuestra visión.

A nosotros nos pasa a la inversa. Venimos de Design Thinking y
    estamos descubriendo que no estamos solos.

Veamos qué tenemos en común y qué nos diferencia, dónde nos solapamos y qué podemos incorporar unos de otros.

¿Os apetece averiguar cómo casar las tres disciplinas? ¡Nos vemos!

15 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Barcelona 2  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Hypothesis to customer interview to actionable learning - a #custdev how-to

I'd like to share an overview of the process I use for Customer Development, which has been evolved by combining insight from Johanna Kollmann, Janice Fraser, Cindy Alvarez, Rob Fitzpatrick and Ian Collingwood and others. Since both Rob and Ian - and Brant Cooper - will be joining us in Barcelona, I'd like to invite them to a round-table to discuss the approach and make suggestions.

15 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Barcelona 1  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Validating your ideas through prototyping

An introduction in the many ways prototyping can be used to validate your ideas. From lo-fi prototyping in paper to hi-fi pixel perfect mockups, this presentation will give you plenty of ideas and resources to start testing your ideas without spending (much) money or being a programer or designer yourself.

15 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  London 2  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Hypothesis to interview to actionable learning - how I hacked together Janice Fraser, Ian Collingwood & Cindy Alvarez's Lean approaches

I'd like to share an overview of the process I use for Customer Development, which has been evolved by combining insight from Johanna Kollmann, Janice Fraser, Cindy Alvarez, Rob Fitzpatrick and Ian Collingwood and others. I'll cover how I do Customer Development for 10 minutes, then open up for questions, comments, and especially any advice you all might have!

15 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  New York 1  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. From Zero to Hero thru Visual Management

At the beginning it was the idea... your incredible amazing brand new IDEA! That's really Great, man! And now what?

How do we put our Idea down to earth? That's the most complex step on the way to success. A lot of perspectives and a lot of questions that must be validated in order to reach our goals.

To do that the most eficient way is using Visual Management tools: From Business Model Canvas to Kanban taskboards. Those tools will ensure you share and learn at every step of your project, startup or whatever you are working on.

Definition of…

15 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. [ESP] Peligros y ventajas de #Scrumban

Hace tres años, cuando Runroom literalmente abrió sus puertas a la comunidad ágil, nuestro primer panel de Scrumban despertó las suspicacias de los agilistas más ortodoxos. Esta metodología, híbrido de Kanban y Scrum, nunca fue bien vista del todo. Incluso hubo quien, en un alarde de agudez maléfica, quiso rebautizarla como Scrummal… Haters, haters everywhere.

Y, qué quieres que te diga! En muchos casos, no les faltaba razón. Aún y así, a día de hoy seguimos utilizándola y las voces críticas se han apagado por completo.

Me gustaría compartir contigo lo que he aprendido todo este tiempo. Dónde nos equivocamos,…

15 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Pair blogging: Creating better content through discussion

We're all able to have a passionate discussion about a topic with someone over coffee - but most of us are pretty bad at putting an argument in written form.

I'd like to share a format that we've recently been experimenting with, inspired by Pair Programming and the Pomodoro Technique: 5min discussion with peer, 15min writing your article, 5min review of first draft. (Repeat till done)

This is an interactive session - we'll pair up and you are expected to write content. Everyone writes their own post - the other person is merely there to help you formulate the content…

14 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  New York 1  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. How to win your first customers with "cold call" emails

We've been very surprised how emails to execs at large corporations have generated business for our SaaS company.

We've learned some tips and tricks along the way that really help with the success of these emails, and are happy to share.

14 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Discovering Desire

Traditional focus groups take a product or idea and gauge people's responses to it. One of the inspiring things about lean methods is building innovative products around desires and needs people didn't know they had. What are the skills, methods and technologies for listening out for those desires without predetermined outcomes or leading questions?

14 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  London 1  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Leadership for Startups

Something (lean) startups might not look at in the first place is, how to grow the organization, when the idea turns out to be successful. Sometimes though, talking to investors, respective concepts have to be presented already early. So the question is, how can we grow a startup into a powerful organization, not loosing the initial spirit and not turning it into a bureaucratic vehicle. In this session people will share their approaches, ideas and possible resources for a kind of "Startup Leadership".

14 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Berlin 1  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Is Parallel Exploration a Way to Break the Pivot or Persevere Dilemma?

In "Don't Let The Minimum Win Over the Viable" at http://blogs.hbr.org/2012/05/dont-let-the-minimum-win-over/ David Aycan suggested a parallel exploration model as a contrast to pivot or persevere, advising entrepreneurs to "prototype multiple MVPs in tandem." This session would explore the risk and benefits of parallel exploration vs. sequential refinement and pivoting around a single product concept.

14 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Real-life example: Customer Development with Design Thinking & Lean Methods

As I finished my study in design thinking and service management, I applied some learned methods to our p2p-Carsharing-Startup autonetzer.de. I want to share my experiences and some principles including metrics applied to autonetzer.de and how we transformed business running more lean. I fokus on customers as I'm also in charge of marketing and customer service.

14 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Berlin 1  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?