Skip to content

Leancamp - Session Ideas

Entrepreneurs, designers, managers, developers, innovators – how can they help you? Leancamp is all about learning from people from other disciplines and different perspectives. It’s a rare opportunity to raise your current challenges and ideas, so that others can help you through them and contribute their knowledge.

Please comment and discuss. Use votes to register interest so the session host can understand if the topic is interesting to people. (Votes do not get used to choose the session – we’ll do that together at 10am.)

To help get the discussions going and give you an idea of what topics people might be interested in, please engage in the conversation – be open with your challenges and constructive with your suggestions

Want to make the most of this? There is some guidance, tips and tricks to get you started at http://leanca.mp/getting-started.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

239 results found

1. Social Network Design: how to create ecosystems where its users are taking advantage of the network effect

• Best practices for creating a real social network
    • Allowing users self-expresion
    • Balancing cooperation and competition between users
    • Promoting UGC user-generated content
    • Encouraging discovery and creation of groups of interest
    20 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    6 comments  ·  Barcelona 1  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Designing experiments

Bring a hypothesis that is important to your business, and as a group let's try to rapid-fire brainstorm lightweight, focused experiments for offline and online. I'll act as both participant and facilitator to keep things moving. My hope is that it will be fun, creative and inspiring. -- Giff

20 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  New York 1  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Lean Usability Testing - a fast, cheap way for Lean teams to do user tests

I'll show you the technique I've taught to startups to get you testing your ideas with real users even before you finish your MVP. Avoid mistakes. Avoid false negatives from your MVP. Get rich insights and deep understanding of product/market opportunities.

19 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Unleashing innovation and learning: labs, retrospectives, pair programming and other Lean & Agile strategies

The title is pretty self explanatory: I'd like to share different strategies and practices to successfully increase learning and innovation on Agile & Lean environments. I will share some of the most interesting ones I've helped to implement on hundreds of Agile teams over Europe.

19 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Barcelona 1  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Lean and Technical Debt

When we launch fast and iterate, we tend to build up technical debt.

When is the right time to pay off technical debt? How do we know when we're digging ourselves into a hole?

How do we avoid the knee jerk reaction of "time to refactor" whenever we start looking at a colleagues code?

19 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Tips for effective business blogging (with a twist on lean)

If no one cares about your blog, they won't care about your business either. The session will cover 10 tips for effective business blogging, with an emphasis on lean principles (short posts, understanding and optimizing metrics, etc).

19 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  London 2  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Fishbowl: Defining and Measuring Experiments

At our last company one of the things we felt quite challenged with was actually running structured experiments instead of practicing open ended learning.

I'd like to learn from others how you've defined experiments, from "Lets get 20 people in customer interviews to commit to paying $20/mo" to "We expect a 30% conversion rate to paid from emailing our signup list" to "Changing the call-to-action will result in 5% more sales", etc.

I'll also share the Validated Learning Board, a Kan-ban based approach for having an Experiment Dashboard we use at Spark59 (based on LSM's work & others).

19 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Dublin 1  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Using metrics for actionable decision making

Most tech startups are highly instrumentable. Meaning we can have accurate real-time metrics of many important parts of the business. And we know that you can't apply the Lean Startup way of doing business without such metrics.

Jordi will talk about what to measure in a tech startup, how to implement a metrics into dashboards that leads to actionable decisions. He will talk about metrics within a general startup strategy, metrics for SaaS and for e-commerce.

19 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Leanconf 1  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. I'm not sure what metrics are the important ones to test

A lot of talk about vanity metrics and why they're bad, but I've noticed it can be tough to choose which numbers to focus on. Maybe we can trade notes on this.

19 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  London 2  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Lean in established & enterprise companies? Techniques to prioritise MVP?

How is lean working in established & enterprise businesses? What's involved in introducing it? Also in these companies - techniques to use to reduce/rank the number of features in an MVP.

19 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Barcelona 1  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Defining Lean Marketing and its techniques

As organizer of both Leancamp Rotterdam and Evolv weekend I'm constantly in marketing mode. I'd say 50% of my efforts is making arrangements and the other 50% is spend on marketing, worrying, talking to press, communication and a little branding to get people to know about and join these events.

We already handle as much Lean practices to push out as much of the 'worrying' part as we can, but I've never really dived into the way I actually handle these things. I've learned a lot over the past year and I want to share these learnings with you, and…

19 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Rotterdam 1  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Lean startup methodologies for non tech companies

There is a common misconception that Lean Startup is only for tech/internet based companies.

Dispelling that could be a useful conversation to bring back the focus on learning and the methodologies rather than getting caught in the specific of internet technologies and things like landing pages or facebook/google ads.

19 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Intrapreneurs challenge: How to shift the enterprise

The talk will cover the shifts that enterprises need to make in order to apply lean startup and customer development methodologies hence remaining competitive in ‘the new economy’.

The presentation will follow a ‘4 stage innovation funnel’ model (ideation, refinement, scalability, business model innovation), analyzing the chances that need to be made for each stage in part in: KPI, structure, processes and HR/culture.

18 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Map you customer value hypothesis using the Customer Value Canvas

Alexander Osterwalder put out a beta version of the 'Customer Value Canvas' on his blog (http://www.businessmodelalchemist.com/2012/01/the-customer-value-canvas-v-0-8.html). His goal is to have a visual / canvas driven way of mapping the value you're delivering to customers. I've been trying it with some of my ideas and that of others and it gave us some solid insights.

I'd like to talk about the contents of the canvas in short and then do some different excersises with people in the session.

18 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Rotterdam 1  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Breaking Silos twoards a Lean Enterprise

Larger organizations typically try to implement lean piecemeal, with different silos all trying to rapidly iterate. However, as each silo relies on inputs and outputs from other teams, it quickly becomes apparent that piecemeal lean is waterfall in disguise.

What are some of the ways that corporations can break out of silos? What works? What doesn't?

This will be a roundtable discussion from practitioners in larger corporations implementing lean on a tactical level.

18 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Peer-review - how we've been using this scientific method in entrpreneurship for the past 2 years

Rob and I will describe Braintrust to you, and share how we use fellow founders as a peer-support and advisory group to help spot opportunities fast, and keep our learning on track.

18 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Dublin 1  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Decision-making to seek growth and sustainability by looking at the key metrics of your business model

The majority of business models are based in a paid model. You acquire customers and they cost you money, so you have a customer acquisition cost (CAC). This needs to be compensate with the customer life time value (LTV) in order to build a growing and sustainable business. No matter what is this relation when you start (normally CAC>LTV), you only work as an entrepreneur is to reach this other situation, where CAC < LTV. So, the difference (LTV-CAC) is the money that you have to grow your business acquiring more customers.

How?

In one hand, CAC depends on what…

18 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Barcelona 2  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Business Model Canvas & the lean canvas. Let's share experiences & what works for you?

I'd like to share experiences around using the business model canvas both the Business Model Innovation & the Lean Canvas as a working tool for brainstorming, exploring and validating different business models, ideas & products. We can share techniques & experiences with the canvases?
    @marylcronin

17 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Dublin 1  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. How to define Early adopters and the Value proposition of your Start-Up the Lean Way. A simple Tool.

This workshop will teach how to use a visual tool to define in minuts your early adopters and the value proposition of your Start-Up.

The tool helps entrepreneurs to quickly come up with Value propositions focused on early adopters. This tool aslo helps teams to unleash their creativity and come up with great number of product ideas and features in minuts.

17 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. In the founders' studio with Joel Gascoigne, founder of Buffer

Joel founded Buffer (http://bufferapp.com) and used Lean Startup to take it from idea to first paying customer in 7 weeks ! And that was part-time bootstrapping!

Joel will be in Hong Kong, but has agreed to Skype in for a session. We'll do the In The Founders' Studio interview format, so everyone can take the role of the interviewer and dig into topics useful to them.

17 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Barcelona 1  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?