Skip to content

Leancamp - Session Ideas

Entrepreneurs, designers, managers, developers, innovators – how can they help you? Leancamp is all about learning from people from other disciplines and different perspectives. It’s a rare opportunity to raise your current challenges and ideas, so that others can help you through them and contribute their knowledge.

Please comment and discuss. Use votes to register interest so the session host can understand if the topic is interesting to people. (Votes do not get used to choose the session – we’ll do that together at 10am.)

To help get the discussions going and give you an idea of what topics people might be interested in, please engage in the conversation – be open with your challenges and constructive with your suggestions

Want to make the most of this? There is some guidance, tips and tricks to get you started at http://leanca.mp/getting-started.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

239 results found

1. Freemium & Free To Play: Applying Monetization Through Micropayments

What are the best tactics to apply for your product, service or platform in order to achieve best monetization in a freemium strategy.

Case Scenarios: Instagram, Angry Birds, Evernote & so on..

11 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    2 comments  ·  Barcelona 1  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Useful Data Analysis Methods for Lean Startups!

Social science has a wide variety of data analysis methods that can be used by startups (e.g. t-test, ANOVA, Chi-Square). This session will highlight a few of these data analysis methods, by linking them to particular types of research design and data. We are hoping to collaboratively develop a set of tools that can be used to assess the validity of different business models, by mapping business hypotheses to specific research methods and data analysis tools.

11 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  London 2  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Effective Listening...let's brainstorm about how to listen better

Since so much of the Customer Development and Lean/ Agile methodologies depend upon internal and external dialog, being an effective listener could be the difference between getting startups off the ground or not.

We're a startup enterprise software business deep into Customer Discovery and problem-solution interviews. The concept for this session is a roundtable discussion on good techniques for listening well and ensuring what customers say is what we hear.

11 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  New York 1  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Get your story crisp

No startup makes it without a great story.

Using the super simple techniqe of free site www.makeitcrisp.com your statup story can shine.

With a shiny story you can huild a team, get customers and wow investors.

11 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Dublin 1  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. The Principles behind Lean Startup

Too often Lean Startup gets dogma-heavy and very specific - I know that myself, since I often end up using tools for explanation as its easier to do.

I'd like to have a collaborative session on reviewing what the principles are that we can universally agree on. I know Salim and Rob have always been great at this - others are very welcome to give their inputs.

This is meant to be a smaller discussion group or fishbowl, not a presentation.

11 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Leanconf 1  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. How to create a strategic partnership with more advanced / well-known startups?

When you are a startup with a MVP or a product with some traction, a lot of potential, but few paying customers, how to get the attention of a successful startup to build a strategic partnership?

• How to identify a successful startup that could be interested?
    • Why would this startup be interested and what could be the deal / win-win?
    • Who to call? What is the decision process? Average time before getting a decision? Should we approach several startups in the same field at the same time?
    • Is it true that APIs and platforms can be useful? How and Why?
    11 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Tinderbox: knowledge representation on the fly

Tinderbox is a Macintosh tool for making, analyzing, and sharing notes.

Tinderbox provides flexible ways to avoid premature commitment, giving users opportunities to discover implicit relationships. The just-concluded Tinderbox Weekend explored a range of applications, from assessing judicial evidence to writing a musical and keeping track of your younger sister's social life.

Tinderbox plays well with others; its files are XML and it offers flexible template-based HTML/XML export.

We'll explore some Tinderbox documents and, more importantly, look at ways to use Tinderbox to build and test Web apps, facilitate design discussion, and share volatile information on the Web and iPad.

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  London 1  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Not Software

Who has applied lean practices in areas other than software/web startups? It seems obvious that there are applications in loads of different contexts, what are people's experiences? And which industries/sectors could benefit from lean the most?

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Why startups need content strategy

We're all watching the metrics that matter: acquisition, activation, retention, referral, and revenue. You know the drill.

But how many of us consider that content--the messiest of user experience arts--is critical to the each of those metrics? From the tone of voice of your interface microcopy, to the structure of your online marketing material, to the things your company says on twitter–content is a critical business asset.

And to wrangle content using lean startup principles, we need the discipline of content strategy: how to plan, create, edit, and govern useful, useable content.

The session: a brief intro from me followed…

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Practical uses of the Business Model Canvas

Look at your business model, now look at reality. Back to your business model, and now reality. Sadly, your business model probably smells real, but is it?

If you stopped trying to validate that same old business model, your business could be real. Now look down.

You're at Leancamp. With me. On a boat. I've worked with Alex Osterwalder and interviewed many of the BMC's leading practitioners, learning some great techniques from them. I'd like to share how to use the Business Model Canvas:
    - to avoid "local maxima" when running tests
    - to help record and analyse what is…

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  New York 1  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Fishbowl - good and bad experiences using the Business Model Canvas

Let's share techniques and learn from each others' experiences with the Business Model Canvas. Giff Constable had mentioned finding it a bit too heavy, and we'll also be joined by Lukas Fittl, who worked with Ash Maurya to create the Lean Canvas.

Giff and Lukas, it would be great if we could all have a discussion around our challenges and what approaches we tried. Up for it? Everyone else is welcome too!

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  New York 1  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Successful MVP's from Lean Startup Machine

• How and why should MVP's be leveraged as part of the validated learning process?
    • How are MVP's essential to speed, pivots, and maximizing runway?
    • What are the four most common types of MVP's that teams use at Lean Startup Machine?
    • What are some notable or creative examples from LSM?
    • Open Q&A
    10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  New York 1  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. The Happy Startup Canvas: Why purpose can help you pivot

Agile, customer development and lean startup have given us a great set of tools and methodologies for building innovative products and businesses. However, the process of building a startup still remains complex and unpredictable. We’re having to make key decisions on a regular basis based on a variety of inputs (customer feedback, potential new opportunities, technical road blocks...etc). How do you avoid being pulled from pillar to post while you’re developing your business? Carlos will be talking about how building a “Happy Startup” can help you iterate your way to a product that people love while still being true to…

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Leanconf 1  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Applying Build-Measure-Learn to Startup Communities

How can communities better map and measure their startup ecosystems? This session would look at how community leaders can utilize Lean Startup methods to create and build more engaging startup communities.

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Fail Public

What are the best examples of how people have tested ideas that didn't work, failed in public, and felt good about it? How did they communicate that 'this is a test', in a way that didn't piss customers off? And how do you train people to feel that repeatedly falling on their faces is good for them and their projects?

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. How can I better flush out my Leaps Of Faith?

The more I learn from my customers, the more I uncover assumptions about them that I didn't know I had. I feel this could be sped up - but how?

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  London 2  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. How Lean Startup methods can be used for design inspiration

This session explores how to use Lean Startup to improve product development, design, and build better experiences. I'll draw mostly from my experiences working at startups and from my UX role at agencies, and applying it in a lean startup way.

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  London 2  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Cómo trabajar, de verdad, con tus supuestos e hipótesis: el uso de los Árboles Lógicos de TOC

Esta charla se impartirá en castellano. Es muy fácil decirle a un emprendedor que la mayor parte de lo que cree son "supuestos" y que debe "verificarlos". Lo que nadie te enseña es una manera de trabajar de forma estructurada, sistemática y solvente con dichos supuestos. Las mejores herramientas del mundo para hacer esto fueron desarrolladas por el Dr. Goldratt, padre de la Theory of Constraints. Se denominan 'Thinking Processes' y coloquialmente, Árboles Lógicos. Esta herramienta contiene sus propios 'tests' para verificar la solidez del razonamiento y ayuda a identificar, sí que sí, qué supuestos son críticos y deben testarse…

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Barcelona 1  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Guesstimations: nunca dejes que la falta de un dato te impida seguir avanzando

Esta charla se impartirá en castellano. Esta es una charla sencilla que toca un tema de gran utilidad práctica. Cuando emprendes, especialmente si estás 'trampeando', a menudo te encuentras con que un dato que crees necesitas para seguir avanzando no está a tu alcance. "Oh, Dios Mío, no sale en Google!". Y ni hablar de hacer un 'estudio de mercado' o similar. Llegados a ese punto, lo mejor es 'Guesstimar'. Un ejemplo claro es determinar si tu mercado es atractivo - si es suficientemente grande. En diez minutos puedes conseguir una cifra que te permitirá continuar avanzando. No es magia,…

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Using the Business Model Canvas to spot assumptions #bmgen

Having used the canvas for several years, and now working directly with Alex Osterwalder, I've met a lot of people who have developed new techniques with it. Some of them have been instrumental in spotting killer assumptions, so I'd like to share those with you. Broadly, I'll tell you about finding critical points in your business model assumptions, choosing a growth engine, validating your business model with real and hypothetical numbers, and if there's time, prototyping widely to spot better hypotheses and record better customer input. I imagine this will be a fast and broad overview, so if there's any…

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?