Skip to content

Leancamp - Session Ideas

Entrepreneurs, designers, managers, developers, innovators – how can they help you? Leancamp is all about learning from people from other disciplines and different perspectives. It’s a rare opportunity to raise your current challenges and ideas, so that others can help you through them and contribute their knowledge.

Please comment and discuss. Use votes to register interest so the session host can understand if the topic is interesting to people. (Votes do not get used to choose the session – we’ll do that together at 10am.)

To help get the discussions going and give you an idea of what topics people might be interested in, please engage in the conversation – be open with your challenges and constructive with your suggestions

Want to make the most of this? There is some guidance, tips and tricks to get you started at http://leanca.mp/getting-started.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

16 results found

1. How to be Agile & Lean within an established and larger company.

I'll talk about how you can can focus your product and tech teams to be agile and lean within a larger company, when there are a lot of stakeholders and people involved. Examples of how to launch a new business or product - specifically, researching, customer interviews, prototyping, and knowing when to move forward or when to change directions.

25 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    4 comments  ·  New York 1  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Designing experiments

Bring a hypothesis that is important to your business, and as a group let's try to rapid-fire brainstorm lightweight, focused experiments for offline and online. I'll act as both participant and facilitator to keep things moving. My hope is that it will be fun, creative and inspiring. -- Giff

20 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  New York 1  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Fishbowl - good and bad experiences using the Business Model Canvas

Let's share techniques and learn from each others' experiences with the Business Model Canvas. Giff Constable had mentioned finding it a bit too heavy, and we'll also be joined by Lukas Fittl, who worked with Ash Maurya to create the Lean Canvas.

Giff and Lukas, it would be great if we could all have a discussion around our challenges and what approaches we tried. Up for it? Everyone else is welcome too!

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  New York 1  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Pair blogging: Creating better content through discussion

We're all able to have a passionate discussion about a topic with someone over coffee - but most of us are pretty bad at putting an argument in written form.

I'd like to share a format that we've recently been experimenting with, inspired by Pair Programming and the Pomodoro Technique: 5min discussion with peer, 15min writing your article, 5min review of first draft. (Repeat till done)

This is an interactive session - we'll pair up and you are expected to write content. Everyone writes their own post - the other person is merely there to help you formulate the content…

14 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Hypothesis to interview to actionable learning - how I hacked together Janice Fraser, Ian Collingwood & Cindy Alvarez's Lean approaches

I'd like to share an overview of the process I use for Customer Development, which has been evolved by combining insight from Johanna Kollmann, Janice Fraser, Cindy Alvarez, Rob Fitzpatrick and Ian Collingwood and others. I'll cover how I do Customer Development for 10 minutes, then open up for questions, comments, and especially any advice you all might have!

15 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  New York 1  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Effective Listening...let's brainstorm about how to listen better

Since so much of the Customer Development and Lean/ Agile methodologies depend upon internal and external dialog, being an effective listener could be the difference between getting startups off the ground or not.

We're a startup enterprise software business deep into Customer Discovery and problem-solution interviews. The concept for this session is a roundtable discussion on good techniques for listening well and ensuring what customers say is what we hear.

11 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Practical uses of the Business Model Canvas

Look at your business model, now look at reality. Back to your business model, and now reality. Sadly, your business model probably smells real, but is it?

If you stopped trying to validate that same old business model, your business could be real. Now look down.

You're at Leancamp. With me. On a boat. I've worked with Alex Osterwalder and interviewed many of the BMC's leading practitioners, learning some great techniques from them. I'd like to share how to use the Business Model Canvas:
    - to avoid "local maxima" when running tests
    - to help record and analyse what is…

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Workshop/Game: Design the Box

I'd like to host a 'Design the Box'-Workshop:

Design the Box is a useful game to facilitate reflection about a product's vision and how to communicate it in a way the customer understands.

We've played the game a lot with our own products and with products of friends and it helped us a great deal because it forces you to nail down your opinion on certain things

• what's the usp
    • what's the vision
    • what's the business model
    • who's the customer

and helps you to identify aspects of your product where you are uncertain. A great way to brainstorm new…

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Successful MVP's from Lean Startup Machine

• How and why should MVP's be leveraged as part of the validated learning process?
    • How are MVP's essential to speed, pivots, and maximizing runway?
    • What are the four most common types of MVP's that teams use at Lean Startup Machine?
    • What are some notable or creative examples from LSM?
    • Open Q&A
    10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. How to stay lean when developing physical products...

We hear a lot about the lean start-up with web products, but how have others used these principles with hardware or consumer products?

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Knowsy iPad game case study

I helped The Innovation Games Company bring a new game platform from concept to App Store in just a few weeks. A key success factor was the way the small, collaborative, cross-functional team worked together. During this project, I learned some new ways to adapt my familiar user experience techniques so they more quick, visual, continuous and collaborative.

I'll share what worked (and what didn’t work) and provide five useful UX practices that help your team move faster with better results.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. What the metric?

A collaborative workshop session discussing what metrics are worth measuring and optimising for a theoretical idea you have yet to build or a currently running business.

After my last session on lean startup metrics at LSM (http://www.slideshare.net/stueccles/lean-startup-metrics) I had lots of discussions with people about what metrics they should be measuring and optimising for their product at their stage of growth. I thought we could make a collaborative session to allow people to help out each other on what and how to measure and optimise.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Accelerators, incubators and entrepreneurship support - how are these adapting to a post-business plan world?

Even as entrepreneurs are learning that there are better ways to start up thn write a business plan, the support ecosystem still seems attached to the idea of business plans and written applications. I recently gave a talk to a number of UK entrepreneurship support organisations, pointing this out, and inviting them to adopt models more consistent with quality creation and enablement of founders, rather than distracting entrepreneurs with the vetting of their ideas. If the New York ecosystem is in a similar space, I'd love to discuss this openly. How does a fishbowl sound?

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Channel Development

Congratulations. You've used customer development to attain the product/market fit - now what?

Even assuming your awesome product really is as awesome as you think, you are competing for a finite amount of customer dollars, time, and attention. How are you going to break through the clutter to reach your customer, get their attention, and get them to open their wallet?

Unless you’re Facebook, you are going to need channel partners to get your product to market, at lease initially. How do you find a channel partner for your product, and how do you get that channel partner to distribute…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Applied Lean™: A system for Reliable and Validated Learning

Over the last 18 months I have worked with and talked with lots of people and companies about their lean experiments. This tool was devised to allow the most efficient assessment of market research and cusdev data between team members and advisors.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?