Skip to content

Leancamp - Session Ideas

Entrepreneurs, designers, managers, developers, innovators – how can they help you? Leancamp is all about learning from people from other disciplines and different perspectives. It’s a rare opportunity to raise your current challenges and ideas, so that others can help you through them and contribute their knowledge.

Please comment and discuss. Use votes to register interest so the session host can understand if the topic is interesting to people. (Votes do not get used to choose the session – we’ll do that together at 10am.)

To help get the discussions going and give you an idea of what topics people might be interested in, please engage in the conversation – be open with your challenges and constructive with your suggestions

Want to make the most of this? There is some guidance, tips and tricks to get you started at http://leanca.mp/getting-started.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

239 results found

1. Presenting your business using the business model canvas

We're starting to see canvases used in presentations on a regular basis, and just like any other visual tool, it can be used well or poorly. I'd love to present a few tips and tricks I've picked up (for 5 minutes) then have a few founders give it a try (1 minute each!) and have a few investors in the room give quick feedback on how to improve our techniques. We'd probably have room for 3-5 pitches, with feedback, so we can improve our techniques together as we go.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    2 comments  ·  Dublin 1  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Co-founder buy-in - problems when only some founders are into Lean

What do you do when you want to go Lean, Agile, Design-driven, whatever, and your co-founder isn't so keen? Anybody up for sharing their experiences in a round-table discussion?

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Berlin 1  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Design the Startup Accelerator focussed on revenue companies

I think accelerators are good but I see a lack of startups focussing on early revenue. Perhaps there are examples of accelerators aiming for early revenue. I'd like to gather some examples and see if we can brainstorm a different model for accelerators where the incentive lies in making 'revenue' and not three more investment rounds and selling to [insert big internet giant name here]

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Rotterdam 1  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Intro to UX and UX for Products

This workshop is an introduction to what UX (User Experience) is and what you can do with it. User Experience takes people as a starting point and advocates to make products for people; products that are easy to use and are useful for the people buying and using it. Whenever we interact with products, be it complicated software or a simple teaspoon, we have a user experience with that product. This workshop will dive into the world of UX and leave you with a basic understanding of how important it is to understand not only products, but also the user…

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Leanconf 1  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Best techniques to manage the highs and lows of the life of a startup founder

Have you been in these situations:

• Exuding confidence to the outside world while being gnawed by doubt?
    • Discovering that you have lost direction for several weeks and that you have been completely unproductive?
    • Feeling less passionate about your current project and more interested in a new venture?
    • Pursuing too long a project which has been comatose for a long time?

We would explore different ways to manage these situations and maybe prevent them from happening.
    I am especially interested in circle accountability.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Lean Leadership - Managing Team Dynamics

What are the keys to successful product outcomes for lean startups?
    How do we demonstrate a continuous improvement mindset?
    How do we create a culture to sustain improvement?
    Why do respecting and improving standards contribute toward improvement?
    Why use lean principles for leadership?

I've got some ideas and will share, but these are just a starting point for discussion.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Startup standup comedy

Is anyone funny going to be there? I'd like to hear some startup-specific standup.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  London 2  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Iteration and the big picture

Sometimes, having short iteration cycles makes it difficult to see the big picture. How could we iterate fast and still have the whole user experience and the big picture in mind?

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  London 2  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Multi-platform products & lean principals

Working in a startup with a small team and attacking any market is challenging enough — but for those really daring and wanting to also launch on multiple platforms can prove even more daunting. It can prove really difficult to apply structured Lean principals. This session will explore how to actually still use Lean Startup principals and making sure to maintain a strong product vision while iterating on product development and building toward a great experience on various platforms.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. How should our approach change if our competition is also Lean?

Most examples of Lean Startup focus on a small, agile company that sets out to disrupt an existing, less manoeuvrable market. How should you adapt your methodology if your competition is also using Lean principles?

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. How to get going

I have an idea, and now I want to go forward with it. What is my first step? How to setup a landing page? What's a low fidelity MVP? Whom to interview? How do I interview and record the data? etc.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Berlin 1  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Do we consider product quality?

Building the product in right quality - "building quality in" is essential, avoiding big disappointments at the end: failing features, lost transactions, breaking integrations, non-scaling platforms. Apart from continuous delivery, how much effort do you invest into building "clean code" right from the beginning? To which extent do you keep an eye on product quality or quality of service? Which practices do you apply within your product development?

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Berlin 1  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Using the Business Model Canvas to keep clear on direction #bmgen

If you're already familiar with the BMC, I'd like to show you avery quick & simple method I've picked up - that helps keep the myriad of options, opportunities, test and risks under control, and makes the shortest path to validation clearer. If you've ever found yourself combining advice or ideas from multiple sources, or describing a complex vision for your startup that confuses people, this could help.

This will take about 5 minutes to explain, so I'd like it if we could then open up and share specific stores and tips in navigating the minefield of opportunities in startups.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Cologne 1  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Using Design Thinking for creating products customers want

"Building something nobody wants is the ultimate form of waste.” – Eric Ries

This session in Sofia will start with a short a show and tell type for people who haven't experienced Design Thinking approach showing how to create innovative products so that:
    - customers want them
    - are ready to pay for
    - and are technically feasible... now...
    And then we can discuss your experience with Design Thinking and your story e.g. How did you kick start a team? How did you find remote customers to interview? How long did it take you to embrace different idea than your…

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Viral dynamics

One of the patterns of growth described in The Lean Startup is the "viral engine of growth". This is actually already well studied in other fields, and there are dynamic models to simulate them. The SI model includes Succeptible and Infected individuals and the SIR model extends this with Recovered individuals. Obviously, in the case of a business, Infected = Customer / User!

If there is any interest I can prepare a short walk-through of how dynamic models work, and run through some scenarios of "epidemics".

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Leanconf 1  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Identifying and Collaborating with Earlyvangelists for Shared Success

What are good indicators you are working with an earlyvangelist in a medium or large firm? What are some warning signs? How do you make sure you create a long term working relationship. What are key things you can do to build shared trust that you can deliver your vision as an MVP and ultimately a whole product?

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. On living an entrepreneurial life (without a startup)

As lean startup shifts to become about any innovation, anywhere, can we talk about that? Do you need to be a founder to be entrepreneurial? I suspect not. I'd like to hear about being an entrepreneurial free agent and an intrapreneur.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Cómo funciona la primera aceleradora Agile de capital público del país: la experiencia CEIN

Esta charla se impartirá en castellano. Describe el trabajo realizado en 2010 - 2011 para la puesta en marcha de un proceso Agile de aceleración de startups en el Vivero de Creación de Empresas de CEIN, en Pamplona, Navarra. Dos ediciones del programa Beca Emprendedor de la Fundación Moderna, en total más de 50 startups, han servido para testear y refinar el modelo. Lecciones de la experiencia: qué funciona, qué no lo hace, qué necesitamos desarrollar.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Barcelona 1  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Integrating design and research into Agile

What is the best way to integrate customer development research and design into product development using Agile?

I have no solutions and I'm looking to start a debate with people applying Agile, both from the development and design (UX/Visual design) perspectives, so we can find together some actionable ideas to implement in our work.

Some problems I find from the research/design front:

• it's difficult to estimate research when your audience have not been defined.
    • research tasks need to be redefined and time extended to get relevant results.
    • design tasks have an iterative nature, how you fit that in sprints where…
    4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Barcelona 1  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Accelerators, incubators and entrepreneurship support - how are these adapting to a post-business plan world?

Even as entrepreneurs are learning that there are better ways to start up thn write a business plan, the support ecosystem still seems attached to the idea of business plans and written applications. I recently gave a talk to a number of UK entrepreneurship support organisations, pointing this out, and inviting them to adopt models more consistent with quality creation and enablement of founders, rather than distracting entrepreneurs with the vetting of their ideas. If the New York ecosystem is in a similar space, I'd love to discuss this openly. How does a fishbowl sound?

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  New York 1  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?