Skip to content

Leancamp - Session Ideas

Entrepreneurs, designers, managers, developers, innovators – how can they help you? Leancamp is all about learning from people from other disciplines and different perspectives. It’s a rare opportunity to raise your current challenges and ideas, so that others can help you through them and contribute their knowledge.

Please comment and discuss. Use votes to register interest so the session host can understand if the topic is interesting to people. (Votes do not get used to choose the session – we’ll do that together at 10am.)

To help get the discussions going and give you an idea of what topics people might be interested in, please engage in the conversation – be open with your challenges and constructive with your suggestions

Want to make the most of this? There is some guidance, tips and tricks to get you started at http://leanca.mp/getting-started.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

18 results found

1. How to implement lean on a daily basis. (Which tools & processes)

There are a lot of tools available and a lot is written about the process of Lean Startup, but only Ash Maurya really proposes a tool to implement it on a daily basis, namely the Lean Stack. I would like to have a discussion how teams implement & internalize lean on a daily basis.

Which tools (BMG canvas vs. Lean Canvas), Artifacts (Experiment Design sheets, Persona's) & Processes (Scrum, Agile, Kanban) do teams use to make Lean work within their teams as effectively as possible.

30 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Rotterdam 1  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Searching and facing early adopters for #custdev, an emotional rollercoaster!!

The hardest part of #customer development is the fear of rejection! What is worse the fear of rejection or killing your own baby? It is all about finding customers! Frits Oukes will share some StartupLessonsLearned (#SSL) on #custdev, searching and engaging early adopters

22 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Rotterdam 1  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. The Business Model Canvas as an Effectuation tool

They say that startups don't starve - instead we drown with too many options. Yet Effectuation gives us evidence that successful entrepreneurs tend to manage multiple goals and seek new collaborations. I've used the canvas in a unique way to make more explicit goal selection and partnership decisions, and used these techniques in accelerators where the number of options are heavily multiplied.

16 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Rotterdam 1  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Qualitative UX research as Customer Development - How to get to the WHY

We all understand we have to get out of the building. But how, exactly, do you do that? I think here we can learn for the UX field. I'm a UX researcher myself and would like to do a hand-on workshop on how to get from metrics to answering the WHY-question. We'll be using my own Situational Thinking model to learn how to understand the world behind the numbers; the world of the users. Let me know what you think! @Samantha_Hosea

15 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Defining Lean Marketing and its techniques

As organizer of both Leancamp Rotterdam and Evolv weekend I'm constantly in marketing mode. I'd say 50% of my efforts is making arrangements and the other 50% is spend on marketing, worrying, talking to press, communication and a little branding to get people to know about and join these events.

We already handle as much Lean practices to push out as much of the 'worrying' part as we can, but I've never really dived into the way I actually handle these things. I've learned a lot over the past year and I want to share these learnings with you, and…

19 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Startup Culture: How to create a good one?

Lots is said & written about the importance of a good company culture & how to create one. Check these posts for example: http://onstartups.com/tabid/3339/bid/96459/Why-I-Spent-200-Hours-Writing-Culture-Code-Instead-of-Python-Code.aspx or http://boingboing.net/2012/04/22/valve-employee-manual-describe.html or http://joel.is/post/37639846554/the-evolution-of-culture-at-a-startup.

So lets take 30 minutes to share & discuss the challenges and lessons from our own experiences, because I see a lot of startups struggle with this.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Rotterdam 1  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Let's design an Effectuation tool, Founder-Centric style

If anyone has Effectuation experience, I'd love to sit down with you and hack together some new tools.

At Founder-Centric, we've found that taking the big principles of entrepreneurship, and knocking them down to a quick, simple and context-specific tool, helps founders move forward quickly without getting bogged down in complexity.

Doing this in 30 minutes is tough, but worth a punt, I think! Who's in?

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. It's your mindset that determines the effectiveness of the tooling

Thanks to Eric Ries, Alexander Osterwalder, Steve Blank and many others we now have a brilliant set of multiple tools that facilitate getting started and even entrepreneurial behavior in a corporate setting.
    What I believe is that the entrepreneurial mindset and the way you use the tooling determine the effectiveness of your energy put in your work.
    I am willing to share the Effectuation theory and how this applies in practice. If you are unfamiliar with effectuation, please check out www.effectuation.nl and discover what most of us do unconsciously and have never been taught. Become conscious effectuators and effectiveness and…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. A startup as an Ecosystem of ideas

A startup could be viewed as an ecosystem of ideas.

An idea is a result of a tought process, and developed in an observe, process, build cycle.

Ideas, play a different role in each of the phases of the Learn, Build and Measure Cycle.

I would like to discuss:
    - How does this ecosystem of ideas work
    - How do you take care of it
    - What can we do to improve/enhance the way we work with the ecosystem.

joostburger, joostburger.nl

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Design the Startup Accelerator focussed on revenue companies

I think accelerators are good but I see a lack of startups focussing on early revenue. Perhaps there are examples of accelerators aiming for early revenue. I'd like to gather some examples and see if we can brainstorm a different model for accelerators where the incentive lies in making 'revenue' and not three more investment rounds and selling to [insert big internet giant name here]

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Now THAT'S scientific! with Dr. @tendayiviki

With Tendayi Viki in the house, Director Of Entreprise and Lecturer in Social Sciences at University Of Kent in the UK, I want to dig in to learn more about how scientists design experiments. Positive controls, negative controls, peer review, all necessary in the scientific pursuit of facts. What else? How can startups learn from this?

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Building an Anti-Fragile startup that leverages contingencies

The concept of Anti-Fragility, or building something that improves when the unexpected or variability is put upon it, has clear connections to starting a company that takes over a market quickly.

One of the core Effectuation principles is Leverage Contingencies.

So - if a founder wants to actively create an Anti-Fragile startup that can pounce on the right growth opportunity when it arises, what does that look like? How do the founders manage their time and resources? How can past examples and tools from Effectuation help?

I'm less familiar with these topics than I'd like to be, but Thomas Blekman,…

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Fishbowl: KPI & metrics in the search of product/market

Validating ideas, and hypothesis via quantitative analysis of customer behaviour

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. How to manage internal resources in a big a corporation while applying Lean Startup?

Extra resources don't help to be lean when you are planning to build an experiment. Even when resources and team are aloccated, if they are not in constant use they get pulled away.
    How do we get the right people working ithe right things at the right time? How do we manage a 50 person team working on 20-30 projects?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Internal accelerators/innovation - managing the tension betweeen different goals

Lean Startup is about finding points of failure in order to lesrd and adapt. but we're human, so we seek perfection and success. From my experience at a big corporation like Telefonica Digital, founders normally deal with tensions (do things right, be a success, avoid failure...) not only do we find ourselves in "Success Theatre" with ourselves, we find ourselves doing it with our peers, colleages and superiors.

I'd like to share my experience and discuss the different types of pressure we all face in this way. What different pressures do you face? How do you decide between the trade…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Map you customer value hypothesis using the Customer Value Canvas

Alexander Osterwalder put out a beta version of the 'Customer Value Canvas' on his blog (http://www.businessmodelalchemist.com/2012/01/the-customer-value-canvas-v-0-8.html). His goal is to have a visual / canvas driven way of mapping the value you're delivering to customers. I've been trying it with some of my ideas and that of others and it gave us some solid insights.

I'd like to talk about the contents of the canvas in short and then do some different excersises with people in the session.

18 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Our most effective customer development questions

I'm happy to share around 20 of my best customer development questions. Let's follow that up with a Post-Up where we all share ours.

17 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?