Skip to content

Leancamp - Session Ideas

Entrepreneurs, designers, managers, developers, innovators – how can they help you? Leancamp is all about learning from people from other disciplines and different perspectives. It’s a rare opportunity to raise your current challenges and ideas, so that others can help you through them and contribute their knowledge.

Please comment and discuss. Use votes to register interest so the session host can understand if the topic is interesting to people. (Votes do not get used to choose the session – we’ll do that together at 10am.)

To help get the discussions going and give you an idea of what topics people might be interested in, please engage in the conversation – be open with your challenges and constructive with your suggestions

Want to make the most of this? There is some guidance, tips and tricks to get you started at http://leanca.mp/getting-started.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

23 results found

1. Kanban primer - designing your Scrumban board

Seems like the Kanban session is proposed for London - so let's make a similar one in Barcelona! The idea is to share different approaches when designing your first kanban-scrumban board for your team. I will introduce our Scrumban approach, which I must say is quite popular (see http://www.slideshare.net/proyectalis/110506-scrumban-xp2011), but I want to see and shareLean Startup oriented Stuff!! ;)

23 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    4 comments  ·  Barcelona 1  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. The Human Side of Lean

Experience shows that, now matter how many Lean tools and practices you implement, the human factor is the spark that will light your company like a Christmas tree - or burn it like a Spanish falla! Join this talk to know more about what makes the Lean difference when it comes to the human side and how to build great Lean Corporate Cultures.

26 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Barcelona 1  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Innovation Accounting: The Lean Startup's Competitive Advantage

How Innovation Accounting helps in the Competitive Advantage of a Lean Startup by enabling a Fast Learning Environment:

I) Concept, Design & Development of a MVP Minimum Viable Product
    II) Micro changes into the MVP from baseline to ideal
    III) Pivot or Persevere in a fast learning environment

26 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Barcelona 1  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Hypothesis to customer interview to actionable learning - a #custdev how-to

I'd like to share an overview of the process I use for Customer Development, which has been evolved by combining insight from Johanna Kollmann, Janice Fraser, Cindy Alvarez, Rob Fitzpatrick and Ian Collingwood and others. Since both Rob and Ian - and Brant Cooper - will be joining us in Barcelona, I'd like to invite them to a round-table to discuss the approach and make suggestions.

15 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Barcelona 1  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Unleashing innovation and learning: labs, retrospectives, pair programming and other Lean & Agile strategies

The title is pretty self explanatory: I'd like to share different strategies and practices to successfully increase learning and innovation on Agile & Lean environments. I will share some of the most interesting ones I've helped to implement on hundreds of Agile teams over Europe.

19 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Cohort Analysis - how to do it in practice with Google Analytics (Barcelona)

The aim is to continue Dan Hill thoughts from LeanCamp London:

"Cohort analysis is a powerful tool to understand your customers and ensure the product decisions you're making are actually creating a better service for your users. How being better should come before, and ultimately leads faster to, being bigger.

We'll look at what a cohort analysis is, how to use one in your startup or company, and how you can get started quickly with tools you're already using. Let me know if you have any thoughts or ideas for focus!"

14 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. 6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Guesstimations: nunca dejes que la falta de un dato te impida seguir avanzando

Esta charla se impartirá en castellano. Esta es una charla sencilla que toca un tema de gran utilidad práctica. Cuando emprendes, especialmente si estás 'trampeando', a menudo te encuentras con que un dato que crees necesitas para seguir avanzando no está a tu alcance. "Oh, Dios Mío, no sale en Google!". Y ni hablar de hacer un 'estudio de mercado' o similar. Llegados a ese punto, lo mejor es 'Guesstimar'. Un ejemplo claro es determinar si tu mercado es atractivo - si es suficientemente grande. En diez minutos puedes conseguir una cifra que te permitirá continuar avanzando. No es magia,…

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Social Network Design: how to create ecosystems where its users are taking advantage of the network effect

• Best practices for creating a real social network
    • Allowing users self-expresion
    • Balancing cooperation and competition between users
    • Promoting UGC user-generated content
    • Encouraging discovery and creation of groups of interest
    20 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Barcelona 1  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Cómo trabajar, de verdad, con tus supuestos e hipótesis: el uso de los Árboles Lógicos de TOC

Esta charla se impartirá en castellano. Es muy fácil decirle a un emprendedor que la mayor parte de lo que cree son "supuestos" y que debe "verificarlos". Lo que nadie te enseña es una manera de trabajar de forma estructurada, sistemática y solvente con dichos supuestos. Las mejores herramientas del mundo para hacer esto fueron desarrolladas por el Dr. Goldratt, padre de la Theory of Constraints. Se denominan 'Thinking Processes' y coloquialmente, Árboles Lógicos. Esta herramienta contiene sus propios 'tests' para verificar la solidez del razonamiento y ayuda a identificar, sí que sí, qué supuestos son críticos y deben testarse…

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Using the Business Model Canvas to spot assumptions #bmgen

Having used the canvas for several years, and now working directly with Alex Osterwalder, I've met a lot of people who have developed new techniques with it. Some of them have been instrumental in spotting killer assumptions, so I'd like to share those with you. Broadly, I'll tell you about finding critical points in your business model assumptions, choosing a growth engine, validating your business model with real and hypothetical numbers, and if there's time, prototyping widely to spot better hypotheses and record better customer input. I imagine this will be a fast and broad overview, so if there's any…

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Are Lean Startup methodologies hurting innovation?

There is a current belief that startups are not aiming high enough. Are lean startups and customer development practices hurting innovation in startups?

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Cómo funciona la primera aceleradora Agile de capital público del país: la experiencia CEIN

Esta charla se impartirá en castellano. Describe el trabajo realizado en 2010 - 2011 para la puesta en marcha de un proceso Agile de aceleración de startups en el Vivero de Creación de Empresas de CEIN, en Pamplona, Navarra. Dos ediciones del programa Beca Emprendedor de la Fundación Moderna, en total más de 50 startups, han servido para testear y refinar el modelo. Lecciones de la experiencia: qué funciona, qué no lo hace, qué necesitamos desarrollar.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. How can accelerators and incubators help you maximize the potential of your business idea?

In the beginning everyone does mistakes. It's difficult to launch a new product and a new company and lots of startups died in the first 6 months because they don't have the right knowledge, support, network and tools to launch a business.
    So, I would like to ask everyone to share their start-up experiences and I would like to hear your ideas on how accelerators and incubators should work in order to help start-ups maximize their potential since the very beginning.

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Integrating design and research into Agile

What is the best way to integrate customer development research and design into product development using Agile?

I have no solutions and I'm looking to start a debate with people applying Agile, both from the development and design (UX/Visual design) perspectives, so we can find together some actionable ideas to implement in our work.

Some problems I find from the research/design front:

• it's difficult to estimate research when your audience have not been defined.
    • research tasks need to be redefined and time extended to get relevant results.
    • design tasks have an iterative nature, how you fit that in sprints where…
    4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Introducing Unassumer to test core business assumptions

The current iteration of Unassumer creates a survey to test your assumptions regarding who your customer is, what problems they want solved, and what solutions appeal to them. I'll show the product and would like to discuss where to take it.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Lean in established & enterprise companies? Techniques to prioritise MVP?

How is lean working in established & enterprise businesses? What's involved in introducing it? Also in these companies - techniques to use to reduce/rank the number of features in an MVP.

19 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Barcelona 1  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Collaborative design best practices

How to start collaborative design from de the beginning? How to keep going collaborative? And when to use methodologies and tools of Design for disagreement... I'm a UX consultant that loves collaborative design processes, and I propose you to come and share your experiences or doubts. I will facilitate a participative version of Post up session where anyone can share doubts and experiences and all together will share ideas, best practices and methodologies on how to Design all together!.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. In the founders' studio with Joel Gascoigne, founder of Buffer

Joel founded Buffer (http://bufferapp.com) and used Lean Startup to take it from idea to first paying customer in 7 weeks ! And that was part-time bootstrapping!

Joel will be in Hong Kong, but has agreed to Skype in for a session. We'll do the In The Founders' Studio interview format, so everyone can take the role of the interviewer and dig into topics useful to them.

17 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Freemium & Free To Play: Applying Monetization Through Micropayments

What are the best tactics to apply for your product, service or platform in order to achieve best monetization in a freemium strategy.

Case Scenarios: Instagram, Angry Birds, Evernote & so on..

11 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1